[OpenLayers-Dev] Heading towards 2.5: GeoRSS

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 03:16:17 EDT 2007

Erik Uzureau wrote:
> On 7/31/07, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> As advance warning of what I'm interested in.
>> * Lisasoft is working on a GeoRSS layer which handles GeoRSS:GML. This
>> is looking to be a lot simpler that I originally anticipated because it
>> seems to be a subset of GML. We should have this available for 2.5.
>>

> I haven't checked... . but is there a ticket for this in trac? if not,
> can you make one, and set it's milestone for 2.5? thanks cameron.

http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/898 Support GeoRSS:GML and GeoRSS:Simple

Martin Vivian, one of my co-workers has written an initial implementation.
I'd like to get him to commit it into an OpenLayers svn sandbox where I
will review it before we propose putting it into the trunk.

Is it ok for Martin to get access to the sandbox without applying a
patch first?
If so, could Martin please get access to the Openlayers svn/trac/wiki.

--
Cameron Shorter
Systems Architect, http://lisasoft.com.au