[OpenLayers-Dev] editing controls, preserve selection

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 01:03:31 EDT 2007

On 8/22/07, Tim Schaub <tschaub at openplans.org> wrote:
> Hey-
>
> Pierre GIRAUD wrote:
> > The problem is that when a control is deactivated, the select control
> > it relies on is also deactivate and the selectFeature.unselect()
> > method is called.
>
> The unselect method should not be called when the SelectFeature control
> is deactivated.
>
> I can confirm that things work like they should by going to
> http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/select-feature.html
>
> After drawing a polygon, I click the "select polygon on click" input to
> activate the SelectFeature control.
>
> I click a polygon, it gets selected, and turns blue.
>
> I click the "draw polygon" input deactivating the SelectFeature control
> and activating the DrawFeature control, and the polygon stays blue.
>
> Are you seeing something different?

Hi,

You're right Tim, unselect() doesn't get called when deactivating the
SelectFeature Control.

However, I've noticed an issue, which might be what Pierre is running
into. Draw a polygon, choose "select polygon on click", click on the
polygon, then click on + or - on the zoom control, and your selection
will go away. The problem doesn't appear when clicking on the
LayerSwitcher or on the Pan Control.

--
Eric