[OpenLayers-Dev] panning to the left shows longitude positive

pdecker paulad at rmi.net
Fri Dec 21 10:17:05 EST 2007

Hello,

I have an image which spans the prime meridian (pm).  I have added a debug
statement that prints the lonlat when OpenLayers.Map.setCenter(...) is
called.  In the OpenLayers code, when the user pans, setCenter is repeatedly
called.  As I pan to the right, the debug statement shows the longitude to
be negative; as I pan to the left (passed the prime meridian), the longitude
is positive.  Shouldn't this be the other way around...west (negative) is
left of the pm and east (positive) is right of the pm?

Thanks for any answers.

-Paula