[OpenLayers-Dev] new WFS layer name

Schuyler Erle sderle at metacarta.com
Tue Mar 13 02:36:15 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 19:58 -0500, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> So, we have a new vector-based wfs layer. We need to keep the old layer
> naming the same for backwards compatibility. How do we name the new
> vector-based WFS layer?
>   Layer.WFS.Vector
>   Layer.VectorWFS
>   Layer.WFST
>   Layer.Vector.WFS
>
> ?
>
> There is a similar question once we implement a vector-based GeoRSS
> layer, if ever; This might lead towards a tendancy for Layer.Vector.WFS,
> Layer.Vector.GeoRSS, etc.

I'm not super fond of any of these choices. Part of the original design
of Layer.WFS was intended to make it possible to swap in different
Feature classes that provided different functionality in the application
using the data received from the WFS. Is it possible that we can get
this same effect using provided Feature classes, rather than having to
name everything awkwardly?

SDE