[OpenLayers-Dev] MozMapLayers : an OpenLayers XUL adaptation

rldhont rldhont at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 16:47:29 EST 2007

Hi OpenLayers dev!

I, from the french 3Liz team, released an add-on for Firefox,
Thunderbird and XulRunner based on OpenLayers : MozMapLayers. With
MozMaplayers, OpenLayers now works in XUL environment and provides new
features as OpenLayers.Layer.mozStorage. Such a layer is read from a
local SQLite database. The geometry must be stored as Well Known Text.

The 3liz team's objective is to provide a GIS toolkit for mozilla (XUL)
environment. Because OpenLayers is a good JavaScript lib, we decided to
adapt it. I made little changes like replace createElement by
createElementNS, and create an Overlay to include OpenLayers lib in XUL
windows. The current MozMapLayers version is 0.9 because we would like
to add mozilla specific feature.

You can try MozMapLayers via a little demo named LiziLayers, to create
and test OpenLayers scripts in HTML or XUL context.

I hope this will interest you.

Best regards,

René-Luc D'Hont
3Liz