[OpenLayers-Dev] approach question...

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Wed Nov 14 10:17:22 EST 2007

John,

you can just use a Control and then on activate register for the click
event:

OpenLayers.Control.FeatureInfo = OpenLayers.Class(OpenLayers.Control, {

activate: function() {
  this.map.events.register("click", this, this.click);
  return OpenLayers.Control.prototype.activate.apply(this,arguments);
    },

    click: function (evt) {
      // do your stuff here
},
CLASS_NAME: "OpenLayers.Control.FeatureInfo"
}

Best regards,
Bart

--