[OpenLayers-Dev] Developement of an external vector symbol

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 17:09:18 EST 2007

Pierre,
I don't think we should be translating between SVG/VML in javascript as
it will slow down rendering.
I expect that usually SVG/VML can be translated before running the
application.
If effect you would have a directory of svg icons and vml icons with the
same names and you switch directories at runtime depending upon which
browser is being used.