[OpenLayers-Dev] Developement of an external vector symbol

Pierre GIRAUD bluecarto at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 01:58:53 EST 2007

Hi all,

Cameron, please note that I only want the symbols to be translated.
They are converted only as the renderer initializes. I'll give it some
benchs but I'm pretty sure that the performances are OK.

I prefer that solution because doesn't have to know anything about
VML. Of course you can find many converter in different languages, but
then it will rely on a sever side script. Which I don't want.

In the given example, we load/convert more than 20 symbols and my
first feeling is that it is ok on IE (ie. no lag).
http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/camptocamp/vectorSymbols/examples/vector-symbols.html

Regards,
Pierre