[OpenLayers-Dev] bounds height

Tim Schaub tschaub at openplans.org
Fri Nov 30 17:07:20 EST 2007

Hey-

Is anyone relying on bounds.getHeight returning (top - bottom) instead
of Math.abs(top - bottom)?

The name height implies a positive value to me (it's names like top and
bottom that are unfortunate).

I doubt that there is much interest either way, but I was wanting to at
least poll the crowd to see if there was any strong opposition to having
bounds.getHeight return the absolute difference.

I don't think anybody has ever asked for the same with getWidth - but
maybe that's because there aren't too many left is positive coordinate
systems.

Tim