[OpenLayers-Dev] Problem with events in OpenLayers 2.5

victor victor laventa147 at yahoo.es
Tue Oct 16 04:07:45 EDT 2007

Hi everybody,

I am testing OpenLayers 2.5 and I have a problem with events. Let me try to explain:

I´ve created my own object that uses OpenLayers.
Inside it, I create a new OpenLayers.Marker with its LonLat object and its Icon object (with a png image)
then, I register the "mouseover" event as shown below

                        marker.events.register("mouseover",  this,  this.mouseover);

and

                        marker.icon.imageDiv.style.border="1px solid";

in order to see the div bounds. Then I add the marker to the layer.

So, when I load the html page in the browser:
    If IE 6.0
        I can see the borders and the marker in the browser, but the this.mouseover function only fires if I do mouseover in the area situated between the borders and the image (not the image itself).
    If Firefox 2.0
        I can see the borders and the marker in the browser, but the this.mouseover function is never fired.

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks.

Javier.

Sé un Mejor Amante del Cine
¿Quieres saber cómo? ¡Deja que otras personas te ayuden!
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/reto/entretenimiento.html