[OpenLayers-Dev] Vector Layer and Popups

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Oct 23 09:51:40 EDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 06:41:04AM -0700, LynnF wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently working on trying to show a border around an area of interest
> on my map.  The boundary is a list of points that I read and then load into
> a LinearRing and then load into a VectorFeature which is then finally placed
> onto a Vector Layer.
> The problem I am having is that if this boundary layer is on then the popups
> from other layers do not work (using the Text Layer).

I'm assuming you mean "The markers are not clickable." If you add the
vector layer before your text layer, this hsould not be the case -- the
markers should end up on top. Are you using a SelectFeature control? If
so, that will present a problem, since it moves the selected vector
layer up to the top of the map, above other elements, which would result
in what you are describing.