[OpenLayers-Dev] [OpenLayers-Trac] [OpenLayers] #966: Add att ribution control to map by default

John Cole john.cole at uai.com
Wed Sep 12 10:14:12 EDT 2007

-1

And my reason for this is because of printing.  We have to put a copyright
notice for our HUD site, and we do it with a DIV tag similar to the scale
control and I assume the new attribution control.

But, when we print maps, we merge all of the layers into a single one for
printing to work, and I have MapServer put the copyright notice at the
bottom of the map (normally we do not want a layer just for copyright notice
and a separate WMS call, so the div tag works great for the interactive
map).

I really don't see it as too big a problem for developers to add the control
when necessary, but then I'm not a data provider and view the notices poorly
anyway :-)

John