[OpenLayers-Dev] When to do the next RC?
eric.c2c at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 11:39:09 EDT 2008
On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Christopher Schmidt
<crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
> We have closed three bugs since our RC1 yesterday morning:
> VML renderer draws features in the upperleft corner of the map pane
> Fix: change VML namespace to 'olv' instead of 'v', which conflicts
> with existing applications.
> Popup.FramedCloud reports error in setContentHTML
> Fix: Don't run createBlocks or updateBlocks unless relativePosition
> is set.
> Handler Hover causes exceptions on Firefox/Windows
> Fix: Don't call hasOwnProperty on window.Event.
> It is my belief that none of these are likely to affect other
> functionality. It is also my belief that a few more days of testing will
> likely turn up more bugs.
> At this time, I believe that we should hold off on another RC until
> Friday, to allow more bug reports to come in. If we do not have any
> additional bug reports at that time, we will do another RC with the
> current fixes pulled into 2.6. (This saves the time/effort of kicking
> out another RC, announcement email, etc. having people update their
> applications and so on.)
> Current plan of action: RC2 Friday morning assuming no further issues.
Yes, no need for an RC2 at this point I think.
And I'd agree with Erik, let's wait for Monday, we all know that
people leave things that really matter for weekends :-)
More information about the Dev