[OpenLayers-Dev] Using Google's roads and annotation on top of WMS/Aerials

John Reiser jreiser at newrisedesigns.com
Wed Aug 6 11:44:53 EDT 2008

That's how I've been handling it with my site. I'd prefer to keep the
State Plan polygons under the roads/labels. I tried a similar
construction with OpenLayers - I was able to get the roads/labels to
show up alone, with a gray background.

I've switched some other Google Maps mashups to OpenLayers when the
roads/labels weren't necessary. I'd love for OL to have this
functionality. Right now, when presentation is a priority, I stick
with GM, when I need editing tools, tilecaching, etc., I use OL.

John