[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers in Safari on iPhone

Klokan Petr Přidal klokan at klokan.cz
Thu Aug 14 05:10:07 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have found a demo application implementing the Apple web Touch API
and an article about it.

It seems it is technically possible to create a
OpenLayers.Control.TouchDefaults() for iPhone, so OpenLayers
web-application will behave same like iPhone native Google Maps App.

Have a look at:
http://www.sitepen.com/blog/2008/07/10/touching-and-gesturing-on-the-iphone/

Ad. vector rendering: There is Canvas support on iPhone
(http://www.sitepen.com/blog/2007/11/05/dojoxgfx-on-the-iphone/) and
it is expected that native  SVG will come too.

Just if anybody is interested to start to work on it ;-)

I am busy on finishing my GDAL2Tiles/MapTiler.org project now.

Klokan