[OpenLayers-Dev] OLON / context

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Wed Feb 6 06:43:20 EST 2008

> Though I originally suggested that Lorenzo use OLON as an intermediate
> structure for the WMC and OWS Context work, I ended up not using it for
> the WMC work I did.  (This was because I wanted to get the WMC format in
> the trunk before having to completely finish the OLON work.  Apologies
> to Lorenzo.)  The reason it did make sense to use OLON as an
> intermediate structure is that it would be a structure that we could
> agree on (the idea being that wmc.read(doc) should return a regular
> structure that you can rely on).
No problems, Tim.
I think it was a good idea, in any case, to work on OLON. I don't need
yet to have the code on trunk.
In my project we're very close to define the structure of the Map
Context that allows the usage of Overlay, Multiple WMS Layers for each
OL layer, SLDService (geoserver add on) without loosing  standard
compatibility.
I'll let you know soon if you are interested.

ciao
Lorenzo