[OpenLayers-Dev] [OpenLayers-Trac] [OpenLayers] #1324: OpenLayers.Feature.Vector.clone() must clone the fid property.

Tim Schaub tschaub at openplans.org
Tue Feb 12 10:26:29 EST 2008

Hey-

For what it's worth, I agree with Chris on not cloning the fid.  The fid
is our key to the "real" feature.  Cloning with the fid would be
equivalent to just creating another reference to the same feature -
which is not what clone is about.

As mentioned below, I am interested to hear the use case where you'd
want a clone with the same fid.

Tim