[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers Ajax in trunk

Tim Schaub tschaub at openplans.org
Mon Feb 25 19:03:15 EST 2008

One other thought...

Tim Schaub wrote:
>> Proxying is a non-issue for me right now, but I wonder if OL really
>> needs to know that it is making a proxy request. Couldn't it be transparent?

If you have OpenLayers.ProxyHost set, you get "transparent" proxying.
If you want to issue a request via a different proxy, you can set the
proxy config property.

Don't know if this is more or less confusing.  Perhaps it will never
happen (that a user would want to use something other than
OpenLayers.ProxyHost as a proxy), but it's easy to support so I thought
I'd add it in.

Tim