[OpenLayers-Dev] meetings

Tim Schaub tschaub at openplans.org
Wed Feb 27 12:55:45 EST 2008

Hey-

I think the project would benefit from regularly scheduled meetings.
I've proposed as much here:
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Proposal/Meetings

This is prompted by the current situation with the 2.6 release.  There
are a number of issues that would be good to talk about as a group.  I'm
primarily interested in having regular contributing developers toss
around ideas for 30 minutes or less - once a week.

If others are willing, I'd like to talk about the release process in our
first meeting.  Specifically, it would be good to talk about whether we
can rotate the job of release manager, whether or not we should branch
(or otherwise keep out new features) prior to a release, and any other
ideas people have.

I'm willing to take the role of meeting organizer for the first month of
meetings.  I don't imagine these things adding a bunch more overhead to
our work lives.  Just adding a bit of structure to what we already
accomplish (with varying degrees of success) in a more ad hoc way.

Thoughts?
Tim