[OpenLayers-Dev] Addins Candidate: LoadingPanel

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Jan 23 21:50:26 EST 2008

So, http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/102 has a patch ( which I didn't
see for a long time; my bad), but I'm looking at it, and thinking that
this is an ideal candidate for our first 'addin' code. It's something
that's not core to OpenLayers, but instead about building support for
applications outside the main library. It's lightweight (so there's not
going to be a lot of arguments or dicussion about it), which is good as
a test case, and it's generally useful, so I think we have a general
consensus that users of OpenLayers could benefit from it.

Given that, is this a candidate for addins, or does it belong in trunk?

I'll toss in my two cents that I think it's a great addin.