[OpenLayers-Dev] Extending measuring control

Zer hcan at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 2 16:44:27 EDT 2008

Dear list,

I have an implementation of a
http://www.nabble.com/file/p18246396/Measure.js Measure.js .

measureTool = new OpenLayers.Control.Measure(OpenLayers.Handler.Path,
				{onMeasure: ShowMeasureDistance,
				 handlerOptions:
					{'freehand': false,
				     'persist': true},
				 'displayUnits': 'm',
				 'displayClass': 'MeasureTool',
			});

I would like to extend it so that the measured length constantly gets
updated, when the user moves the mouse in order to draw the line. I have
been told to configure a 'point' callback in order to solve this, but do not
understand how to do that. Could someone please advice?

Please find attatched the measure control js file.

Thanks,

-Z