[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers Architect - GSoC 2008 Project Stats Report 2

Erik Hazzard enoex1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 20:24:31 EDT 2008

Overview
Progress - Tweaked control / panel integration, added map
configuration, implemented drag / resize functionality.
I made much more progress overall this week than I thought I would.  I
have finished the OLArchitect map configuration stuff, and I'm almost
done with the dragging / resizing support for controls and panels.  I
hadn't planned to even start working on this function until this week,
so technically I'm a week ahead of myself.  I'm very excited about the
project as it continues to become closer to a finished product.  I've
started working my second goal I set for myself last week, but I don't
plan to have that completely finished until near the end of the
project as it depends on all the configuration options working in
harmony (they do now…for the most part).  I'll explain a bit about how
the dragging and resizing works –
	Most controls have the ability to be placed within a div, so the user
has the option to manually place them within the map and change their
size by resizing a box that represents the control.  One problem I ran
into was how to best determine the actual location as represented on
my site.  First, the user will specify the map size.  Once the map
size is determined, OLArchitect will simply figure out the ratio to
use to ensure the x,y and width, height of the div representing the
control is correctly scaled to the size of the actual openlayers map.
More detail will be given later.
Since I have the dragging and resizable functionality in place, I'll
be spending next week working on the following:
	1. Finish dragging / resizing for all controls, finish up map
configuration options
	2. Work on converting OLArchitect's map object to an OpenLayers map
object so JS code can be generated to create an OpenLayers map
	3. Work on theme configuration (basic now – just to support x,y and
width, height of controls)
	4. Begin working on code generation (both JS and CSS)
	5. Begin testing in IE

I feel that, at my current rate, I'll complete the project ahead of
schedule and have time to bug test it before the final project
evaluation begins.
The url for the project is http://olarchitect.com/