[OpenLayers-Dev] Custom Layer

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Mar 3 08:58:23 EST 2008

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 10:00:47AM -0000, Matt Brailsford wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I can't seem to figure this out. When I intercept the values sent through to my pseudo WMS service, the coordinates in the BBOX property seem realy odd.
>
> I'm getting values like -270,270,-270,270.

I'm guessing you're using a 'singleTile' option. In order to completely
cover the window (+ some extra) singleTile layers sometimes request
tiles that cover area outside the 'whole world'.

If you set the maxResolution option on your map to something like
.3515625, your problem should become less pronounced, but any time you
drag the map such that an edge is visible, tiles outside the maxExtent
will be visible to some degree with untiled maps. Using tiled maps will
eliminate this problem for the most part (but obviously has other
drawbacks when working with a possibly slow remote service).