[OpenLayers-Dev] bad misaligning of KML point layers?

Roald de Wit rdewit at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 11 02:30:48 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 17:14 +1100, Roald de Wit wrote:
> I created another patch that assumes that all Icon urls starting with
> http://maps.google.com/mapfiles/kml have 64x64 icons.
> Can anybody confirm/deny the validity of this assumption btw?

I can confirm myself that the above is not true. The following url has a
32x32 icon:
http://maps.google.com/mapfiles/kml/pal4/icon28.png

But, since the scale halves the size of the icon that just got doubled
in size, it effectively stays the same and the positioning still works,
unless one uses a hotspot with a offset in pixels for that icon.

What is a wise thing to do here?

Regards, Roald

--
Roald de Wit
Software Engineer
roald.dewit at lisasoft.com

Commercial Support for Open Source GIS Software
http://lisasoft.com/LISAsoft/SupportedProducts/