[OpenLayers-Dev] is beforefeatureadded working properly?

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Wed Jul 1 14:40:50 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Esteban olm<esteban.olm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have something like:
>
> ---------------------------
>         var MLayerTemp =(...) //New vertor layer
>
>         MLayerTemp.events.register("beforefeatureadded", MLayerTemp,
>             function(MElemento){
>                 MElemento.object.removeFeatures([MElemento.feature]);
>                 MElemento.object.destroyFeatures();
>                 return true;
>             }
>         );
>
> //And then  I add the OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature to the map
> ---------------------------
>
> The problem is that whe the event function is called, the feature is not in
> the screen map, but it is in the features array of the layer.

You are right, this is a bit odd. You can register for the
"beforefeaturesadded" event instead, this gets triggered before
features are added to the features array.

> So the problem is:
>
>  If I need to delete all features before inserting the new one, I can not do
> something like:
>
> ---------------------------
>             function(MElemento){
>                 MElemento.object.destroyFeatures();
>                 return true;
>                 }
> ---------------------------
> Becouse this erases also the new feature I try to insert!!
>
> Is it normal that the new feature to insert is already in the feature
> layers' Array?
> I think it shoul not to be in the array, so we have not decided yet if it
> can be inserted or not.
>
> Anyway, another problem: If I return false... The feature is inserted!!!
> The documentatio says it should not be inserted.

Right. Also odd. It is inserted, but not drawn on the map. Maybe you
want to create a ticket and report this issue?
(http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/HowToFileTickets)

Regards,
Andreas.

> Any help will be appreciated,