[OpenLayers-Dev] MapGuide patches

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 22:58:09 EST 2009

I have attached an updated patch to the to 1622 ( http served tiles)

http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1622

The patch moves the folder configuration into a new object FOLDER_PARAMS
so that they don't get added to the normal cgi style mapagent requests

I tested 1756 with the above patch as well using the sheboygan sample
and the following php script which creates a map using the three
different options

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/CodeSamples/JavaScript/OpenlayersExample

useOverlay throws an server exception as expected with mapguide 2.0.2

the 2.0.3 comment with regards to useOverlay should be changed to 2.1 as 2.0.3
was never released

I'm going to testing against the unreleased 2.1 code base next

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 7:49 AM, Christopher Schmidt
<crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 10:51:18PM -0800, carls wrote:
>>
>> I had tested the patch of #1756. it can work with MapGuide OS 2.0.1.
>>
>> Because MapGuide OS 2.1 will be released at April 2 (See Website of MGOS),
>> the overlayer for MGOS can't be tested now.
>>
>> I hope the final release of OL2.8 could be a bit later than MGOS 2.1.
>
> The important thing that I want someone to confirm is that 1756 won't
> *break* the support for overlays that exists for MGOS 2.0/OL 2.7
> combination. If that's the case, then the patch needs more work.
>
> Are you confirming that? I understand that this means that the 2.0
> behavior will still require things to be synchronous. I see that
> kseograf uploaded a patch which should do this, but n one has confirmed
> it's the right thing.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Christopher Schmidt