[OpenLayers-Dev] analytics

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Mon Mar 16 19:29:37 EDT 2009

Hey-

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 03:54:56PM -0600, Tim Schaub wrote:
>> Hey-
>>
>> Are the results from Google Analytics for http://openlayers.org
>> available anywhere publicly?
>>
>> I'm particularly interested in visits for Sept 1, 08 - Feb 28, 09
>> (inclusive).
>>
>> I'd also be curious to hear download stats for the same time period.
>>
>> Thanks for any info.
>
> Not that I'm aware of, but I'm happy to make them available to anyone
> who is interested; if you give me a Google account, I'll gladly add you
> as an administrator on the site, and you can mess around or add people
> to your heart's content.

Thanks.

It looks like we should at least be able to track downloads from the
homepage with something like the patch for
http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1989.

Not sure about adding a class name to wiki links, but we could also
modify the patch to look for all anchors with href matching
/^(http:\/\/openlayers.org)?\/download\//.

Thoughts?

Tim

--