[OpenLayers-Dev] XMLHttpRequest.js license

bartvde at osgis.nl bartvde at osgis.nl
Wed Apr 21 05:11:03 EDT 2010

Hi devs,

since XMLHttpRequest.js had changed its license from Apache license to
LGPL (see also http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/2065), we have problems
with rolling in new versions of the library (see also Roald's remark about
GPL infringement in that particular ticket).

Since the author is based in The Netherlands, I decided to contact him to
ask if we would consider relicensing to the previous Apache license, and
he agreed to this (see below).

Does this mean we will be able to upgrade XMLHttpRequest in the future, or
do we need more from him?

Best regards,
Bart