[OpenLayers-Dev] 2.9a release?

Andreas Hocevar andreas.hocevar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 02:57:15 EDT 2010

Hi,

there is a regression in the 2.9 release:

On Apr 28, 2010, at 08:35 , OpenLayers wrote:

> #2596: Rotated graphics are positioned incorrectly when moved or zoom changes
> ---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  ahocevar      |       Owner:  ahocevar
>      Type:  bug           |      Status:  new
> Component:  Renderer.SVG  |     Version:  2.9
> Resolution:                |    Keywords:
>     State:  Commit        |
> ---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
> Comment (by bartvde):
>
> Andreas, do you think we should create a 2.9.1 release to fix this issue?
> My initial reaction would be that this warrants a 2.9.1 release. We've
> never done point fix releases though in the past, so I am not sure what
> the policy is.

Replying to [comment:6 bartvde]:
> Andreas, do you think we should create a 2.9.1 release to fix this issue? My initial reaction would be that this warrants a 2.9.1 release. We've never done point fix releases though in the past, so I am not sure what the policy is.

I also think that a 2.9.1 (or 2.9a) release would be the right thing to do. In my opinion, the best way to do so would be:
* create a 2.9a tag
* replace contents of http://www.openlayers.org/api/2.9 with the 2.9a release (but do not change the path)
* announce the 2.9a release, pointing out that people using the hosted api do not need to change anything.

This 2.9a release could also contain the release in the VERSION_NUMBER tag, to fix http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/2589.

Regards,
Andreas.