[OpenLayers-Dev] GeoJson Service question

Pieter De Graef pieter.degraef at geosparc.com
Fri Aug 13 02:22:04 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I noticed in the documentation that OpenLayers has support for the
GeoJson format, and I was wondering how exactly I could create a GeoJson
service that OpenLayers could read from. I saw that multiple open source
servers (Geoserver, FeatureServer, ..) have some sort of server-side
implementation, but looking at the documentation of those projects it is
not clear to me how exactly such a service should be defined.

The reason I'm asking, is because I would like to organize a code sprint
at FOSS4G 2010 where we create such a service for the Geomajas project.
The idea is to make it easy for an OpenLayers map to connect to a
Geomajas server.

Thanks in advance,

--
Pieter De Graef