[OpenLayers-Dev] ERROR: Invalid Layer(s) given in the LAYERS parameter. Anyone knows why?

yellow kieron.vella at yellowpages.com.mt
Mon Mar 15 07:39:16 EDT 2010

Hi,

I hope someone can help me on this as I cannot figure out whats wrong.

I changed the call in openlayers to my mapserver from:

        layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer( "Streets",
            "http://10.0.0.162/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe",
            {map: 'C:/MyMaps/Malta/malta.map'},
            {'isBaseLayer':false},
            {gutter: 15}
        );

        layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "Streets",
            "http://10.0.0.162/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe",
            {map: 'C:/MyMaps/Malta/malta.map'},
            {'isBaseLayer':false},
            {layers: 'malta_highway'}
        );

But for some particular reason I am getting an error. It says:

msWMSLoadGetMapsParams(): WMS Server Error

Invalid Layer(s) given in the LAYERS parameter.

In the mapfile I have the following layer:

  LAYER
    NAME 'malta_highway'
    TYPE LINE
    DATA 'C:/MyMaps/Malta/malta_highway.shp'
    METADATA
      'wms_title' 'malta_highway'
      'wms_name' 'malta_highway'
      'wms_format' 'image/png'