[OpenLayers-Dev] Reduce OpenLayers.Layer.Grid's buffer throughout

myOpenLayersUName joanne.mcgraw at SYMPATICO.CA
Wed Oct 6 19:32:28 EDT 2010

I've seen the posts that show me how to reduce the buffer size to 1 when I am
adding an individual layer to my map. E.g. new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(...,
{buffer: 1});

Is there a way to change it for all of OpenLayers?

I've tried:

OpenLayers.Layer.Grid = OpenLayers.Class(OpenLayers.Layer.Grid, {
    buffer: 1
});

And, although the prototype says buffer = 1 when the new object is being
initialized, in all the functions for the OpenLayers.Layer.Grid object the
original buffer value of 2 is referenced through 'this'.

Obviously, I'm doing this wrong.

Any ideas what the correct way to approach this is?