[OpenLayers-Dev] Re: Reduce OpenLayers.Layer.Grid's buffer throughout

myOpenLayersUName joanne.mcgraw at SYMPATICO.CA
Wed Oct 13 15:31:35 EDT 2010

Thank you for your responses. Unfortunately, the suggestions are the type of
thing I was trying to avoid.

There are a number of existing and planned ways that users of our
web-mapping application can add new WMS layers to the map after it has been
initialized. I was hoping to set the map's buffer value in one place so it
would be used by any of our developers creating code that adds a WMS in
future rather than depending on them to either do as suggested or remember
to pass the {buffer: 1} parameter everywhere it is necessary.

Oh well, I guess not. I'll just update all the new WMS instantiations with
the {buffer:1} option and hope that anyone else adding new functionality
will use them as references.

Cheers,
jtm