[OpenLayers-Dev] Framecloud issues

Andrea Pogliaghi andrea.pogliaghi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 04:00:53 EDT 2010

Hello everbody,

I've already posted in the users mailing list but maybe here is more
appropriate.

I have an issue with openlayers framedcloud, I searched around but found no
solution yet, if this subject has been discussed and solved before, please
point me to the relevant thread.

Basically I have a FramedCloud popup which is populated through an ajax
call. The content of the popup is made of text and possibly an image.
The errors I'm getting are:

These happen both on FF and IE
1) The same popup (with the same content) sometimes has scrolling bars and
sometimes not. I would like to have them only if the content is "big", not
if it's only a row or two. But sometimes (I guess that's according to the
position in the screen of the element the popup is attached to), the same
popup has scrolling bars and others it doesn't.
2) If I reduce the text size of the popup content, the framedcloud it's too
"long".... it doesn't get resized on the Y dimension.

This happens mostly with IE
3) Even without reducing text size, with explorer the popup isn't resized
properly on the Y dimension, it remains too "long".

Reading around I found this thread but it dates back to 2008 (
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/FramedCloud-and-autoSize-td1829440.html).<http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/FramedCloud-and-autoSize-td1829440.html%29.>..it
seems there's a function that calculates the size of the popup without
applying the style before, so it ends up having a big popup and a small
text.. I guess if it's the same bug still hanging around?

Is there a way to solve these issues or maybe some workaround I could use?

Has anybody experienced the same before?

Thanks,

Andrea