[OpenLayers-Dev] MinZoomLevel in OSM layer

Andrea Pogliaghi andrea.pogliaghi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 08:16:50 EDT 2010

Hi everybody,

I am having a problem in displaying an OSM layer with openlayers. Basically
I want to cover a certain region and I want to limit the zoom between two
levels (let's say 10 and 17). I investigated a bit in the matter but it
seems OSM layer doesn't take into account the "minLevel" parameter, it only
lets you set the overall max number of levels, but it always start from
level 0.
I did some research and I found this:
http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/ticket/2189.
I applied the patch on my version of openlayers and now it seems working.
I am wondering if there is a reason why the patch hasn't been applied in the
codebase? Does the patch fix the issue but breaks something else?

thanks
andrea