[OpenLayers-Dev] Re: strange behaviour on google-bing map switching

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Sat Sep 11 03:52:11 EDT 2010

Hi,

the example linked in the original poster's question does not use Spherical Mercator.

As a general advice, you should always use EPSG:900913 as projection when you work with GYM or OSM maps. For the GYM layers, don't forget to configure them with sphericalMercator set to true. The example you should be looking at is

http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/spherical-mercator.html

Regards,
Andreas.

On Sep 11, 2010, at 00:43 , crb wrote:

> I've seen similar behaviour:  I have Bing, GMaps and ESRI cached layers all
> in the same map. Switching to GMaps and ESRI works fine, but when switching
> to Bing the map zooms in one level w/o touching any controls.  What's more,
> if there's a vector layer on top of it, the vector layer (correctly) doesn't
> zoom, but then they're overlaid inaccurately over the Bing layer.  Also
> noticed (w/ Bing layer only) that when opening a popup that causes the map
> to pan, the Bing layer "wiggles" for a couple of seconds after the pan.
>
> Anyone know why this might be the case and/or whether 2.10 is going to fix
> it?

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/