[OpenLayers-Dev] Re: possible bug in OpenLayers.Renderer.VML

jlindbergh jlindbergh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 10:13:29 EDT 2010

Hi Jachym!

I've implemented and adapted a version of your patch
(http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1894) into a custom PolygonWithHoles-tool
(thanks for the patch!!) and I'm experiencing exactly the same behaviour
with the VML renderer!

I noticed that if you remove the line "this.layer.drawFeature(this.point,
this.style);" from OpenLayers.Handler.Polygon.drawFeature(), the polygon
does not move as much with the mouse pointer. It does follow the mouse if
you move it past the top-left corner of the polygon bounding box though.
Then it moves proportionally with the mouse pointer, but in the opposite
direction...
I figured this had something to do with VML.setNodeDimension() since it's
using geometry.getBounds() and because of the way Polygon bounds is defined
(ie each internal LinearRing extends the bounds, even if it's outside the
first/outer LinearRing of the Polygon). However, when I tested using the
bounds of only the first LinearRing of the Polygon in
VML.setNodeDimension(), the problem persisted.
I too smell some kind of bug in the VML renderer, but I'm not familiar with
VML so I'm hoping for some advice from someone who is!