[OpenLayers-Dev] GWT-OpenLayers 0.5 Released

Andrew Hughes ahhughes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 09:38:07 EDT 2010

Greetings,

Around Twelve months in the making and GWT-OpenLayers 0.5 has been released,
a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who contributed. I've posted this across a few
mailing lists that might find this interesting blend of technologies
applicable to their needs, these are primarily the GeoServer, GWT, GWT-Maven
and OpenLayers.

   - Substantial increase in the number of OpenLayers features exposed.
   - Many bug fixes and improvements.
   - Maven support, 0.5 has been released to maven's central repo (
   http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/gwtopenmaps/openlayers/gwt-openlayers/)
   - Increased documentation (http://gwt-openlayers.sourceforge.net/ including
   javadocs
   http://gwt-openlayers.sourceforge.net/maven-site-latest/gwt-openlayers-client/apidocs/index.html
   )
   - The project configuration is now entirely driven from maven
   (gwt-maven).

Some Big Thank You's for the people behind...

...Sonatype (http://www.sonatype.com/) for their support and fantastic
services/infrastructure. I can't recommend these guys enough - talk about
bringing large scale disciplined engineering to small scale projects :) Well
done.

...OpenLayers (http://openlayers.org/) for creating such a fantastic library
that we were able to wrap in GWT.

...GWT-Maven (http://mojo.codehaus.org/gwt-maven-plugin/), great plugin.

...and of course those behind GWT development!

For more information, please take a look at the latest documentation
http://gwt-openlayers.sourceforge.net/