[OpenLayers-Dev] Using coordinates from a MySQL-DB with OL

Thomas81 sthomas at partybombe.de
Wed Aug 10 06:15:52 EDT 2011

Dear all,

it might be an easy question. However, is it possible to use coordinates (4
pieces) stored in a MySQL-DB to draw bounding boxes in combination with
OpenLayers? Will it be fast enough, if we think about up to 500 polygons?
Could these bounding boxes be clickable and show additional information?

I saw an easy example of textlayer, which nearly shows the functionalities
but the data source is a textfile, not a MySQL-DB.

Should it be a vector layer with polygons? Or is a maker-boxes layer more
appropriate?

Kind regards,
Thomas