[OpenLayers-Dev] Re: Using coordinates from a MySQL-DB with OL

midi info at digitale-wegeverwaltung.de
Wed Aug 10 08:47:06 EDT 2011

parsing json, xml, gml can take a lot of time and costs performance.
after testing a lot we send our data this way:

lat#lng#value1#value2
lat#lng#value3#value4

in javascript you only need a split ('#') putting data in arrays.
the split function is very fast. splitting needs  1-2ms, parsing x00 to x000
ms.
that is the fastest method.  no standard , but fast ;-)
an other advantage is less (50-80%) data (no tags, only a #)
500 poly with 15.000 - 25.000 Points are no problem.

a server side optimization is storing all values in an extra text field
(lat#lng#value1#value2)
so you dont need to concat the values. one "echo" is enough. no standard,
but fast ;-)

i figured the idea out after reading the articel below-mentioned
http://code.flickr.com/blog/2009/03/18/building-fast-client-side-searches/