[OpenLayers-Dev] Re: Re-Ordering Layers

KevinGreen24 kgreen at digitalresultsgroup.com
Tue Feb 22 10:50:24 EST 2011

Chris,

This method does not work. If you have a SelectFeature control with multiple
layers associated with it, OpenLayers creates a RootContainer vector layer
that is given a z-index of 725, and contains the markup for all layers
associated with it. Any layers that you add to the map that are not part of
the SelectFeature control's layer array seem to be put at a lower z-index
and can never be shown above any layer in the SelectFeature control. I used
setLayerIndex to put my WMS layer at the top of the stack, and it still
shows up below all the layers inside the SelectFeature control. I don't
think that this functionality is doable.