[OpenLayers-Dev] Re: Possible bug with Protocol.HTTP

codydjango codydjango at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 17:56:45 EDT 2011

In this case your callback isn't called because of the Fixed strategy.
> The strategy calls protocol.read and provides its own callback to the
> read method, so this overrides the "global" callback. If your app code
> does protocol.read() somewhere then your "global" callback func will
> get invoked.

Hello -- I'm new to openlayers, and I've been running into some issues,
probably because I'm new.  One of the first things I wanted to do was draw a
box, have the server return all the features in the box, and then "do
something" with them.

I thought I'd use something like this:

        var getFeatures = new OpenLayers.Control.GetFeature({
            box: true,
            click: false,
            multiple: true,
            protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.HTTP({
                url: '/obj',
                format: new OpenLayers.Format.GeoJSON(),
                params: {
                    limit: 2000
                }
            })
        });

What is the best way to set a custom callback to go off once their is
response data to work with?