[OpenLayers-Dev] Movie overlay.

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 18:44:54 EDT 2011

Hi Phil,

This is what you want,  WMS-T, time support.

Geoserver and Mapserver have just support for WMS-T, time support as
parameter. WFS-T (Transactional WFS) and WMS-T (WMS with time
support).

In Mapserver,

Time attributes are specified within the metadata section:

METADATA
"wms_title" "Earthquakes"
"wms_timeextent" "2011-06-01/2011-07-01"
"wms_timeitem" "TIME"
"wms_timedefault" "2011-06-10 12:10:00"
END

In Geoserver

GeoSolutions has developed support for TIME and ELEVATION dimensions in WMS.
There are plans to backport this feature to the stable 2.1.x series
after the 2.1.1 release.

Underdark blog about this WMS-T Support in Geoserver and Mapserver.
http://underdark.wordpress.com/2011/06/10/wms-t-support-in-geoserver-and-mapserver/

Regards, Noli