[OpenLayers-Dev] Potential move to GitHub

Rodolphe Quiedeville rodolphe at quiedeville.org
Tue Mar 8 02:36:49 EST 2011

Le 08/03/2011 08:10, Eric Lemoine a écrit :
[...]
> Thank you Chris. Moving the trunk to Github sounds great to me. But we
> indeed need to find a solution for the sandboxes. Keeping them in the
> current SVN repo, and having some doc/tutorial explaining a working
> workflow for sandbox development, could be a possibility. As far as
> the ticket system is concerned, I think I'd also like to continue
> using Trac. But providing links to Git commits in tickets would
> probably mean long URLs, there may be Trac plugins to deal with such
> things (<http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/GitPlugin>).

Hi,

Using Git sounds great to me to, even if I'm not involved in OpenLayers
dev I use the dev version often. Before moving to github please consider
Gitorious as a solution too. OpenLayers is a free (as free speech)
project like Gitorious but not Github, so I consider logical that free
developers use free tools.

http://gitorious.org/

Regards

PS : I'm just a user of gitorious not at all involved in the project

--
Rodolphe Quiédeville
http://cartosm.eu - Intégration de carte libre sur site web
SIP/XMPP : rodolphe at quiedeville.org