[OpenLayers-Dev] Canvas issues en patches

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Mar 22 05:04:44 EDT 2011

Hi List,

I noted some issues in the Canvas Renderer
For two of them I propose fixes/patches:

http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/ticket/2839
(about selecting point features with graphic styles, offsets etc on Canvas

http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/ticket/3185
small bug with the size/x/yoffset of an external graphic

Can somebody have a look at those patches?

For this one:

http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/ticket/3151

I really tried to find outwhat is the problem is for the second part of
this issue, the first part is not so important for me (not using
background images ...)

It looks like two threads: both from the selectcontrol (?? unhighlight
and highlight call redraw) try to clean the canvas and draw the features.
It seems that the cleaning is done ok in both threads, but that then
that one thread is still drawing a feature and the other is drawing them
no top.
Resulting in a features which is both drawn in 'select'-style and in
'default'-style (on top of each other). This is best seen if the select
style is a normal feature with a large radius, while the default-style
is eg an grahpic.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde