[OpenLayers-Dev] v3 branch on GitHub for deprecation & API changes

Peter Robins openlayers at peterrobins.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 04:20:59 EST 2011

On 7 November 2011 20:11, Phil Scadden <p.scadden at gns.cri.nz> wrote:
> Well it is my understanding that with advanced optimisation, you can
> combine your own app and it will drop unused code.

yes, if a function isn't called within the code being compiled, it
won't be included, though you can override that
http://code.google.com/closure/compiler/docs/api-tutorial3.html#removal

The optimum for me would be a modular structure that can be compiled
with a build, or loaded dynamically with, say, require.js  (or both -
require.js includes an optimizer using uglify or closure compiler).

If you're "starting from scratch", perhaps a separate repository for
v3 would be better than a branch.