[OpenLayers-Dev] move deprecated code

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Wed Nov 9 02:13:18 EST 2011

On Wednesday, November 9, 2011, Tim Schaub <tschaub at opengeo.org> wrote:
> I should add that I think we should have an explicit deprecation
> strategy that encourages people to stop using deprecated code.  I'd
> propose that we mark code as deprecated and keep it in the main lib
> for one release - including a list of newly deprecated
> methods/properties in the release notes.  We could leave deprecated
> methods in the main lib for one release and then move them to
> deprecated.js.  In the subsequent minor release, we wouldn't have
> changed the api, but people would have to include deprecated.js to get
> the old stuff.

Hi

Thanks for putting this patch together. I agree with the approach. We can
even hope to release 2.13 quickly after 2.12.

When you say mark code as deprecated do you mean having *deprecated*
strings in the API doc strings, or do you also mean displaying deprecation
messages in the console?

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS