[OpenLayers-Dev] MOTION: Branch for v3!

Schuyler Erle schuyler at nocat.net
Mon Nov 21 21:58:29 EST 2011

Hey, guys, I already made this motion once, but, after some initially
confusing discussions on IRC today, I thought I'd best make it again,
more concretely this time, because it's a topic about which people
feel passionately.

I move that we create a *new* v3 branch in Github in order to allow
people to begin work on redesigning the OpenLayers API, towards a
version 3.0 release. Obviously I am +1, and moreover I volunteer to
try to manage the process of collating proposed API changes, and to
try to stay on top of forward-porting future improvements to 2.x to
the 3.x branch.

I would really appreciate it if at least a couple other members of the
PSC would chime in with +1s before I go ahead with making the branch.
Also, if you'd like to veto this proposal, please do, but let's
discuss? I'd like to move ahead in the next day. Thanks!

SDE