[OpenLayers-Dev] HTTP params capitalization

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Wed Nov 23 10:50:15 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Schuyler Erle <schuyler at nocat.net> wrote:
> Unless I'm sorely mistaken, don't ESRI servers violate this part of the spec by requiring capitalized parameter names? ISTR that's why we did this.

Thanks for the answer.

Params created internally by OpenLayers (like "service" and "method")
should remain capitalized. But params provided by the application
developer ("layers" etc.) shouldn't be transformed by OpenLayers. If
the user wants them lower-case, they should remain lower-case. And to
work around ESRI bugs the application developer would just explicitely
use capital letters for "layers" and friends.

What do you think?

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS