[OpenLayers-Dev] A Quick Introduction

Landon Blake sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 14:28:22 EST 2011

I wanted to make a quick introduction to the mailing list. Most of my
programming experience has been on the desktop GIS program OpenJUMP.
However, I recently started working with Javascript and OpenLayers for
an application at my day job.

I'm interested in contributing to OpenLayers as my knowledge of the
library and Javascript improves. Ill be working soon on some tools to
support route alignments and stationing as part of my web application
that uses OpenLayers. (Example: Zoom to Station) Those tools may be
useful to some others in the community.

I also plan on releasing the code for my web map viewer, including the
HTML and CSS, under an open source license.

I'm downloading the source code for OpenLayers this weekend. If there
is a specific feature in OpenLayers that could use some work from a
rookie code slinger, I'd welcome suggestions.

Thanks.

Landon (AKA: The Sunburned Surveyor)